What comes to your mind when you think about optimizing in 2023? Yes, content, technical SEO aspects, page titles, and backlinks are very much relevant even today. Link building and SEO have gone hand in hand. Even in 2023, backlinks still play one of the most crucial roles in good SEO practices.
Good link-building is still considered to be one of the most crucial ranking factors for every website and yet almost 95% of the websites don’t have backlinks on them even today. As per provided Web20 Ranker feedback, white backlinks from high-quality websites are useful for organic ranking. Let us take a quick look at what link building is and why it is still useful and relevant in the current digital spectrum.
What is link building?
The process of increasing the quality and inflow of inbound links to a web page is known as link building. Different search engines crawl between different pages on your website and navigate through various links that are entered there. They enter the different websites to determine what is a good link. If the search engine finds a single good link, it sends a signal to Google that your website or web page is a quality subject resource and is worthy of a citation.
This way, websites with good-quality backlinks earn higher rankings from Google and rank better organically. It is also referred to as “link juice” by SEO practices. There are many different types of link-building techniques that vary in complexity and difficulty and can be used for your website’s credibility. However, all links are not created equal. For instance, a link from a verified source like The Guardian or a government website is more credible than a newly launched unknown blogger website.
Reasons why link building is important for staying relevant today:
- Makes your website credible: Good quality links offer credibility for your website as they can act as third-party indicators of the authoritative strength of your domain. Google aims to provide the most relevant results to its users, and factors in “authority” and “credibility” for its search results. If more good quality links are directed towards your website, it will tie your content as credible and resourceful, which will in turn improve the ranking.
- Increase in exposure: The increasing traffic will create brand exposure and awareness, which is the ultimate long-term goal for most company websites. If you run successful link-building campaigns, it will lead to more brand awareness and make your website a reliable source for many customers to come back again and again in search of convenience and reliability. The goal of link building is to find credible external sources that will link back to your website.
- Higher SEO scores and site metrics: There are many metrics in the SEO world like Alexa rank, domain rating, domain authority, and page rank. Backlinks are responsible for increasing these metrics. The increase of these metrics will ultimately lead to the health-wise success of your website.
- Great sales opportunities: More traffic means more opportunities for revenue generation. With the increase in your brand exposure, more clients are going to visit your website, which will lead to more sales of your products and services, and ultimately build greater avenues of revenue. Moreover, potential customers will also bring referral traffic which will go on to bring in more sales and revenue.
- Improved relationships: As Google starts recommending and focusing on building links within the niche of your company or industry, you are more likely to become an authorized brand name among other authority players in your sector. This can open up many collaborative opportunities for the future.
- Stand out as an authority voice: You would want your brand to be at the forefront of your industry and be counted as one of the main players in your industry niche. As you experience better sales and revenue from people who will see you as a credible figure in the industry, you will automatically become an authoritative voice in the domain. This will enable you to dominate conversations in your sector.
- Lower bounce rates: “Single page sessions” or “bounce rates” means the number of people visiting only one of the pages of your website and leaving without looking around the rest of your site. Mixing of internal and external links will help users to navigate through your site and find what they are looking for easily. It will lead them to stay for longer durations on your website and reduce the bounce rate.
We hope that this article has given you the inspiration to get started with your link-building strategy. However, if you are struggling to build natural and more credible backlinks, it is always advisable to get in touch with a professional link-building service provider who has a team of SEO experts to guide you through the process. This way you can ramp up your content marketing strategies and include link-building techniques in your digital channels for an organic ranking that steers away from unsustainable SEO practices.